by Allison Rae
Elegance, symmetry, design. A special planetary alignment coming up this month offers us a glimpse of our own higher aspects. The geometry of grace can be seen in the chart for the Full Moon Lunar Eclipse of Nov. 8-9, 2003.
The hand that created such beauty also resides within us. Welcome to cosmic consciousness.
On Nov. 8-9, at the moment of a Total Lunar Eclipse, the Sun, Moon, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn and Chiron will create a pattern called a Grand Sextile that forms a galactic spiral connecting Heaven and Earth. At this moment, the Earth and all beings upon her will have the opportunity to enter a portal, to be transported beyond time and space to the far reaches of pure consciousness.
Actually, we have that opportunity every day. But when planets line up in our solar system in special configurations like they will on Nove. 8-9, the veils between realms become transparent and our multidimensional awareness expands. In this moment, we remember our home, our purpose. We merge with our Creator and the Creation. We remember our unity.
What is the Harmonic Concordance?
In 1998, astrologer John Mirehiel was future-surfing with his astrology software and discovered an elegant aspect pattern at the moment of the Total Lunar Eclipse on Nov. 8-9, 2003. When the asteroid Chiron is treated as a planet, the aspects created at the time of the eclipse form a Star of David and Grand Sextile.
The Star of David, or Merkabah in esoteric traditions, is formed by interlocking triangles, one ascending, the other descending. This ancient symbol represents the union of Heaven and Earth. In a horoscope, the triangles are Grand Trines. In this case, one Grand Trine is in water signs, and the other is in Earth signs.
The Grand Sextile is formed by the five planets plus Chiron, all in sextile aspect (60 degrees) to each other. The Grand Sextile is a rare configuration and is said to bring harmony and facilitate growth in the areas indicated by the chart. The sextiles form a wheel that can be perceived as a vortex or gateway into other realms.
Mirehiel perceived the importance of this configuration and named it the Harmonic Concordance, paying homage to its astrological forebear, the Harmonic Convergence of 1987. Like José Arguelles and others at that time, Mirehiel is calling for spiritual seekers to gather at Earth’s sacred sites to honor this alignment and anchor the celestial energies into the Earth grid.
How important is this?
Horoscopes, like the one we’re referring to here, represent moments in time. The moment of grace signified by this chart, along with the importance that so many people are placing on it, indicate that humanity has a tremendous opportunity to transcend physical reality with the aid of this unique alignment.
Again, we have the opportunity to do this every moment of every day. But the emphasis here is on the collective intention to unite Heaven and Earth, to uplift human consciousness, at this special moment when the planets align in their cosmic dance.
People will be gathering around the world at sacred sites to celebrate this alignment and draw in the cosmic and Earth energies uniquely available to us at the time of the Harmonic Concordance. It’s like a chord will be playing throughout the heavens and Earth.
In this realm, we might participate with chanting, drumming or silent meditation. Our team in the highest realms and the spirit of Mother Gaia will sound the nonphysical notes to create an ecstatic harmony perceived through our collective devotion and intention.
What does the chart mean?
If you haven’t yet, please visit John Mirehiel’s Web site at http://www.HarmonicConcordance.com and see the Harmonic Concordance chart for yourself. The site offers many articles written by John and Jan Mirehiel and other astrologers whose views and interpretations are fascinating. Studying this information will lead you to your own conclusions.
Here’s what we find relevant:
- The interlocking Grand Trines in the feminine elements of water and Earth signify an awakening of receptivity to the divine feminine. The relationship of the trines to each other teaches the interdependence of the intuitive, spiritual nature (water element) with the material world (Earth element). This alignment is a stunning illustration of the role the feminine principle plays in balancing these aspects within us and in our world.
- The chart is non-location specific. The same pattern appears for a chart cast for any location on Earth at the time of the eclipse. This indicates the pattern’s relevance beyond the limitations of the human constructs of time and space. This is significant to our growing awareness of ourselves as multidimensional beings and the effect we have on collective consciousness.
- The Grand Sextile opens us to the challenges and opportunities inherent in the oppositions that make up the pattern (Sun in Scorpio opposes the Moon in Taurus; Mars in Pisces opposes Jupiter in Virgo; Saturn in Cancer opposes Chiron in Capricorn). In other words, this is a big opportunity for growth, both individually and collectively.
- The chart is cast for the moment of a Total Lunar Eclipse. Lunar Eclipses trigger emotional healing of issues held deep within the unconscious mind. Shadow issues come to the surface to be integrated. Chiron, the "wounded healer," plays a significant role in this eclipse configuration, so this could be a time to face and process deep inner wounds.
- The Harmonic Concordance is another spiritual wake-up call for all planetary servers. We need to consider this alignment within the context of a series of significant planetary alignments in recent years, all the way back to the Harmonic Convergence of 1987. The alignments - such as the Grand Fixed Cross Solar Eclipse of Aug. 11, 1999, the direct Saturn-Pluto oppositions of 2001-2002 and the Wesak Full Moon Lunar Eclipse of May 15-16, 2003 - all serve to awaken humanity at a cellular level to our true path and purpose in this lifetime. These alignments focus the incoming energies to awaken our cellular memory and catalyze deep changes within the Earth and within us.
- When we combine an understanding of these alignments with what we’re hearing from other spiritual messengers, such as the Mayan Elders of Central America, a larger pattern begins to emerge. As far as Earth Changes and the Shift go, we are at the zero hour. It’s time to open our hearts and intuitive faculties (represented by the Grand Trine in water in the Harmonic Concordance chart) and work to purify the Earth (represented by the Grand Trine in Earth signs) immediately. We have no higher purpose at this time.
- Publicity about the Harmonic Concordance will remind people around the world to be in prayer and meditation at the moment of the Lunar Eclipse. This focused intention is a powerful force for change and for anchoring higher energies into the Earth grid. The tradition began millennia ago when the ancients gathered at sacred sites on key alignment dates. Organizers of the Harmonic Convergence events in 1987 helped resurrect that tradition worldwide, and the Mirehiels are doing the planet a great service in organizing a collective vigil for the Harmonic Concordance next month.
Much has been written about the Harmonic Concordance, and we’re anticipating a flurry of forwarded e-mails and articles about it in coming weeks. We’ll take a closer look at some of the challenges and opportunities inherent in the Harmonic Concordance chart in the November issue of the Alignments newsletter.
Allison Rae puts out the monthly Alignments newsletter about star alignments, personal and planetary transformation, metaphysics, ascension, personal mastery, spiritual prophecy and more. Subscriptions are $22 a year. Visit her Web site, http://www.TheStarCenter.org and click on "Subscribe to Alignments" to join her global mailing list as a subscriber. Namasté.
You can contact Allison by e-mail at allison@TheStarCenter.org. She currently resides in Tucson, Ariz.